Research & Development Chef
Michael is a dedicated professional with over 30 years’ experience in all aspects of culinary and food production, including corporate chef services, restaurant management, culinary education and food product development. He is a Certified Research Chef and Consumer and Sensory Science expert, including years of international experience with a strong focus on product quality and profitability. Michael’s diverse professional history includes the past 17 years as a senior team member of Canada’s Smartest Kitchen and as a Culinary Arts Instructor with The Culinary Institute of Canada, specializing in food sensory client experiences, as well as instructing in culinary trends, international cuisine programming, and culinary demonstration setup and delivery. He also has ten years prior experience as an executive chef and restaurant owner, including event planning and catering management, directing food preparation and schedule event training.
The following is a highlight list of Chef Michael Bryanton’s event and culinary experience:
- Certified Research Chef, Research Chef’s Association: 2015
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Royal Visit, Culinary Team PEI – 2011
- Selected to train and instruct Culinary & Tourism students in China
- Coach of Junior Culinary Teams, with success at local, national and international levels
- Successful restaurant openings and culinary execution in Canada, the US, and the Caribbean